Peter’s sister Melanie and her husband James (and their way cute little boy Aiden) came to visit this last week! Peter was still out of town the first two days they were here but we managed just fine without him. James built us a handy digital antenna for our T.V. using instructions from a YouTube tutorial – he just could not go a full week without his sports. And we still haven’t watched any T.V. but I do know that I can watch The Cosby Show at 2:30 PM if I want to. Peter really only watches T.V. when he’s out of town – his treat is to watch the History Channel in his hotel rooms.
Isaac had fun with Uncle James and was introduced to sports but Sydney kept asking Uncle James to stop talking about sports. I had fun hanging out with Aiden while Melanie and James went on a couple of dates. Aiden is seriously the most easygoing and self-entertaining 16 month old kid I have ever come seen! Our dog spent most of his time outside or in his crate because he kept knocking Aiden over.
If you have read our family blog long enough you may have noticed that we frequent Sea World even though we are close to all other sorts of amusement parks. The reason is that as Florida residents we buy our tickets once and get to go free the rest of the year so if you come to visit us we will probably go to Sea World with you! I enjoy it more than Disney World because of the shows AND the rides. Sea World’s rides are more fun that Disney World’s (at least the Magic Kingdom).
This last week I accidentally threw away Peter’s gym bag. I was cleaning out his side of the closet, straightening his shoes out on the floor and picking up clutter. The black gym bag, sitting on top of the mountain of hiking boots and flip flops, looked old and yucky so I thought it was the really old gym bag that Peter replaced a couple of years ago, so being the helpful wifey that I am I got rid of it. Well, as it turns out it was the newer gym bag so Peter will be getting yet another one in a couple of weeks.
Here are some other highlights from this week:
- I rearranged the furniture (again). Peter said, “Wow, you lasted about three months longer than I thought you would.” Then I reminded him, “The last time I moved the furniture was just over a month ago before we got the new dog.” Peter said, “Oh.”
- We’ve been watching general conference. I missed going to the women’s broadcast but thanks to BYU Television I was able to sit and watch it this morning from the comfort of my own couch.
- While ordering pizza on Friday night, I jokingly said that I was going to order anchovies on our pizza. Much was our surprise when the pizza showed up to our door with anchovies on it. I checked the order and yes, I had ordered anchovy and pineapple pizza (instead of ham and pineapple). I must have had anchovies on the brain. Thankfully the other pizza I ordered was plain pepperoni!
- Sydney earned straight A’s on her mid term report.
- I made my yearly large order from Deseret Book and the Distribution Center. I also ordered some new Christmas music! I can’t wait!
- We found a dresser and a bookcase for Isaac at a yard sale – the total cost – $5.00! I’m not much of a yard sale shopper but I have been looking for a dresser for a while and our neighbors across the street we eager to get ride of one. Isaac had lots of fun dumping his clothes out of his plastic three-drawer Rubbermaid creation and shoving them into his new dresser. Sydney also found many miscellaneous things to buy at the yard sale: a small statue of a dog, four framed pictures of swans, a rug with pictures of horses on it, and a small white curio.
- Peter has been busy the last couple of days trying to get organized for his new calling. And he did get to sleep in this morning because of General Conference but that won’t be the case next week!
That’s all I can think of folks…