We made four of these. Four. It took about three hours of my life. I sometimes wish that I enjoyed doing more of these kinds of crafty things. They did turn out very cute and we later wrote on the feathers some things we are thankful for.
- Peter got another job offer in Washington D.C. while he was there this last week so we are hoping that it goes through. Yesterday was Peter’s promotion ceremony – as of Tuesday, Dec. 1st he will be Major Johnson, USAF. He is loving his new truck, a silver Ford F150, that I will post pictures of later (right now it is at work with Peter).
- Home school is totally awesome; I think it is one of the best kept secrets around. Sydney and Isaac are completing school work and piano by 3:30 or 4:00 PM and then they are playing with friends nearly every afternoon.
- Sydney continues to enjoy tennis lessons. A favorite historical person that she read about recently is Florence Nightingale; she made a lovely notebook page about “The Lady with the Lamp” complete with pop-up pictures! She has greatly improved her addition and multiplication facts being able to recall them much quicker.
- Isaac LOVES basketball and has been spending HOURS dribbling on the back porch! He gave a talk in primary this last Sunday that he wrote himself (with a little direction from mom). Here is his talk: “Adam and Eve were the first family. Adam and Eve taught their children the gospel. Adam and Eve loved their children. I also have a family. We learn the gospel at home. My mom and dad love me. We can be together forever because of the temple.”
- Liz finished reading The 5000 Year Leap: A Miracle that Changed the World by W. Cleon Skousen (which she HIGHLY recommends) and is now reading Sarah Palin: Going Rogue. She has been busy calling and writing senators, her congressman, and President Obama and intends to single-handedly improve the war in Afghanistan and the United States economy (well, with a LOT of help from other common-sense folks).