Wow! Is November almost over? I have NOT had time to sit and write on my blog this month. To much has been going on and too few pictures have been taken. In fact, I am going to post every picture I took this month (I did delete most of the pictures Isaac took when he got a hold of the camera). You will notice that one of my children is noticeably missing from the pictures. I will not be winning the “Mother of the Month” award. Here it goes:
- I spent all morning today at Isaac’s preschool helping set up their Thanksgiving “feast.” It consisted of cornbread, ham and turkey (deli slices), cubed cheese, grapes, carrots and brownies. Yeah – I didn’t have to feed him lunch when we got home!
- We are having two families over tomorrow for Thanksgiving. Our new neighbors and a guy who works with Peter is bringing his wife and kid. We have usually had 4-5 families over every year so this one is going to be very quiet. I don’t think I am going to mind that.
- Peter will be busy making rolls tonight and getting our turkey ready tomorrow. The rest of the food should magically appear when the guests arrive. All I have to do is set the paper plates on the table! Thanksgiving is always so easy for me!
- Sydney went to the eye doctor after not being able to see the hymn numbers posted during sacrament meeting. The doctor wrote her a prescription for glasses. We went to Sam’s Club and picked out some frames for her. She only has to wear them when she needs to see things far away like at church and school. I think she’ll look so cute in them! I’ll post pictures later.
- After griping and complaining about all of the modern women’s clothing styles I went on a date with Peter to Kohl’s and actually found some cute stuff. Two new pairs of jeans, a few t-shirts and a gray sweater to wear with my black skirt. As much as I hate shopping for clothes, I like taking Peter with me. I appreciate his opinions and he has kept me from buying things that I don’t really like.
- On that same date, we went to Men’s Wearhouse and bought Peter two new suits! I have been wanting to do this since we were first married but they are so darned expensive. I can’t wait until next week when we get to go pick them up! And no… he did not get called into the bishopric or anything. I think Peter and I are done buying clothes for a LONG time.
- I did not actually smoke our new Kitchen Aid like I thought I did. It just got overworked and stopped. It started up later that afternoon just fine. Phew!!!
- I did have some shoe shopping drama this month. After wearing a pair of brown leather shoes for about four years I finally decided this was the year I was going to replace them. Now mind you, I should have replace them a year or two ago but shopping is not my thing. I went to a few stores that actually had some cute shoes, but did they have them in a size 7 1/2? Of course not – I even asked the very knowledgeable shoe sales people if they had extras in the back. No. No. No. The last store I went to (and it was the last because I was actually able to get some shoes) was a department store called Beall’s. They had way cute brown leather shoes – but not in a 7 1/2. BUT – they ordered them for me and shipped them to MY HOUSE WITH NO SHIPPING COST! They came the next day in the mail and they fit great! And the bonus is they cost about $21.00 – not the $60.00 I was planning on.
- I did way more shopping this month than I want to do in the next four years. I feel like saying damn. I hope you’re not offended. I only swear about once every four years (it probably coincides with frustrated moments of intense clothes shopping).
- I am done Christmas shopping. I think. I hope. Oh wait…
I have many more exciting things to say but I want to go read a book.
That’s all folks…