So Isaac got a hold of my seam ripper and decided to attack the couch with it. He managed to rip three, six-inch holes along the back and side of the couch and three small holes on the left arm. I am still working on sewing up the large holes and just hoping that he doesn’t get a hold of them to rip them farther. I don’t know how I managed to keep my cool when he did this; when I discovered what happened I just marched him up to his room (for longer than usual) and took care of it. I will NOT be buying a new couch because it is highly likely that something like this could happen in the future.
Here are the small rips that I finished sewing up. Not lovely.
Here is Isaac mixing play-dough colors right after I reminded him not to…
Sydney decided to try one of my exercise videos.
Last week before church Isaac decided to do his own hairdo. He wants to have a mohawk so bad. Sorry kiddo; mom combed it down.
Here is Sydney getting ready for the performance of Geology Rocks.
This is my fantastic yard sale find (I don’t much care for yard sales but we were jogging around the neighborhood and decided to stop and check it out). I got this suit for $2.00! Isaac is not enthusiastic about it. I told him I would give him a quarter if he kept it on for church today – he kept it on during sacrament meeting but took it off before primary, so no quarter today. Mom thinks he looks quite handsome!
Don’t take a picture of me in this monkey suit!
Here is our week in a bullet list:
- Isaac ripped up the couch. AAARGH!
- Sydney finished up swim lessons. She can now basically swim on her own. We went to a friends house on Friday afternoon and she was able to swim on her own with her friends for the first time! I’m going to continue private swim lessons next year.
- Peter got to do a little bit of site-seeing in Washington D.C. this week.
- Isaac got some new underwear: Power Rangers, Batman and a Disney combo pack. He’s excited about it and can’t wait for preschool to start so he can wear them.
- Sydney is learning to cook – she made a grilled cheese sandwich this week for lunch; for dinner tonight she made the rice and cooked the green beans. I told her they were the best I have ever had.
- I’m getting ready for a new year of piano lessons.
- Two more weeks until school!
- Two more weeks until mine and Peter’s 10th anniversary (it is the same day as the beginning of school – August 18th)!
- We get to walk over to the elementary school tomorrow to see who Sydney’s teacher will be for third grade.
- Check below on the post called “We’re Adopting” to hear our exciting news!
That’s all folks…
Sorry there was no poll last week. I have been a bit flaky this last week.